CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lite Treats-Spring Coffee Drinks at Hotwire

In addition to trading in the pea coat for the cardigan and watching the Avalon Glassworks display turn from pumpkins to sunflowers, there is one more seasonal treat a litegeister loves: new spring coffee drinks. 


In this economically-conscious age, coffee drinks are the perfect elegant, fancy under $5 treat. So I was delighted to see Hotwire Coffee's new roll-out of seasonal spring drinks. And we aren't talking your average iced mocha. The green siren's got nothin' on Hotwire's luscious caffeine bouquet including lavender mochas, marigold lattes, and violet chai. Violet chai. Just sounds sexy to say, doesn't it? Not to mention a lot more low-key than your usual working girl hardcore half caf, non fat, triple grande, sugar free vanilla latte, am I right? 

Those were just three of the great options I saw today at Hotwire, but there was a veritable laundry list of fragrant flower flavors, so you must go see for yourself. Today, I sampled the Marigold Latte, a blend of vanilla, honey, and real orange peel, and it was heavenly, a true sip of spring. Walking down California Ave in the typical standard Seattle sporadic sun and rain, I had a moment of blissful urban bohemianism as I sipped my glorious garden-inspired drink, and I encourage you to go and do the same. Now I confess I am usually a sugar-free syrup girl myself, but I plan to indulge in at least three of these decadent drinks over the season as a personal toast to spring, and will be reporting back on my findings. Are there yummy spring coffee drinks in your area? Post your favorite one in the comments below! 

0 comments: